Question

SonnyHoney54

How are inquiries from Transunion counted by Credit Karma?
When I go on Credit Karma I have noticed that inquiries that are about or over one year old will drop off my ongoing “Credit Report Card” inquiry total. In the past year I went from 20 inquiries down to 6. The 14 inquiries that dropped off my Credit Karma report were just over one year old. Sometime an inquiry would drop off at about 11 months. On my wife’s Credit Karma report she has an inquiry that is over 18 months old and is still counted her “Credit Report Card”. What are the experiences off my fellow CK members concerning when inquiries drop off? Can management give me any feedback? Thanks

Most Helpful Response

Have you checked all 3 credit reports?

If not, go to kannualreport.com and get them so you can see what is being shown on all 3 credit reports by the big three credit bureaus. It's wise to make this check every year, since humans put in the data and humans are imperfect.

Credit Karma is not one of the credit bureaus.  It is an interactive tool that helps an individual see what certain actions might do to their credit score without having to actually do so (and maybe find out the hard way it was a bad choice).  The information CK uses comes from Transunion, which is one of the more commonly used credit bureaus.  

Hope this helps.

As for the inquiries,  they have no impact on your credit after a year and should drop off in two. 

SonnyHoney54

Jwsister.... Thanks for the responds but I am not sure if you understood my question.  I have seen all three my major credit report on a very regular basis at their websites.    I have view my Equifax and Experian credit reports almost daily for the past 9 months.  I have been able to view my Transunion credit report 2-4 times a month. (I can explain my ability to view my actual credit report daily but at a later time if you are interested in learning how too) 

My current Transunion credit report list a total of 21 inquiries in the past 2 years. Credit Karma list me as having 9 total inquiries on their “My Credit report Card”.  I think I understand the different, Credit Karma is listing the inquiries that took place within the past 12 months and that number is nine.   Transunion list all of the different companies and the dates of their inquiries on my actual credit report.  The total number of companies listed in the inquiry section of my TU credit report is 15 with 21 different inquiries dates going back over the past two years.  The total number of inquiries in the past two years on my Transunion credit report is 21 . CK is listing nine, Why the difference?

I understand that Credit Karma is not one of the credit bureaus…. I was asking / wondering how CK count the information about inquiries that they receive from TU. As stated before my wife has an inquiry that is over 18 months old and that inquiry is counted as one of her 5 listed inquiries on her CK report card.  The total number of inquiries that Credit Karma list on my report card is 9. The total number of inquiries on my TU credit report is 21.  Nine inquiries are under one year old 12 inquiries are between 12 and 24 months old.  My question is why would CK count an inquiry that is over 18 month old on her report card but does not count the 12 inquiries that I have on my TU credit report that are over 12 months old?   Anyone has any insight on how inquiries are counted by services like Credit Karma or Equifax Advantage.  I know for a fact that Equifax Advantage will list only inquiries that are a year old or less.