Question

mbennett951

How accurate is the scoring here on credit karma?
Scored here are steadily going up from high 400's to now high 500's and even 615 for my experian thru credit.com. Now when I saw this I decided to apply for credit. When I get the denial letters I see that my scores are lower on the denial letter by almost 100 points?! So my credit didn't go up? Idk! Anyone else have this same problem? Is there another way to get my true scores?

Most Helpful Response

We have 100s scores out there, there isn't a "true", "real", "actual" or "accurate" score, all scores are accurately reflect your credit reports. The diffences between them is it used by the lenders/creditors for their credit decisions. Different lenders use different scoring models, they might wish to use different models for varies products they offer. Some lenders have their own internal risk/performance scores

-

Always know what score model your score comes from, Which score is that you quoting from credit dot com, because they offer two score models, one is National Equivalency Score, other is VantageScore 3. Most widely used model today still is FICO, and FICO so far? has 58 different scores for consumers, even more offered for lenders.