Question

Purpledown

How accurate is the date of removal on my credit report?
A derogatory mark on my credit from a student loan that was charged off is highly impacting my score. I got my reports from 2 of the 3 and the information they reported is all wrong. But the reports also show that they will remove it in 2 months. I'm wondering if I should dispute the wrong information or just wait it out since it is only 2 more months.

If you are only 2 months away I would call the credit bureaus and ask them for an "Early Exclusion" or in other words "Early Deletion" of that account. Most likely they will remove it. If you are denied by the first person you talk to, call again in a day or two and try again. Be clear with them that you are not Disputing anything and that you are just asking for an early deletion. Being that it is so close to falling off, I don't think I would worry about the incorrect information, unless after a few attempts they won't do the early removal.