Question

palmbeachgonzo

how accurate is the credit score?
awhile back my credit was checked for a auto loan and my credit score was 30points lower than my score on credit karma (Equifax)

Most Helpful Response

There are hundereds of way to calculate scores based on the information retained by the credit reporting agencies (they are really only data warehouses).  Depending on what system, such as Vantage 3.0 here in CK, or any one of the 20+ FICO scoring systems I have seen over 40 points plus and minus depending on what I am applying for.

Because there are many ways of calculating credit scores, as is explained in the articles on this site, you will get different scores.