Question

deannelar

House Loan Removed
I gave my husband the house in our divorce yet it is still showing on my credit as my debt. I called the finance company and they refuse to remove my name because the loan was in both our names. I have not lived in the house for 7 years. What do I do to get this off my report?

Your ex has to re-finance the house into his name only.  That is the only way to remove yourself from the Deed of Trust or Mortgage and any associated costs.  This means you're liable for property taxes too, until a new Deed or Mortgage is recorded in his name only.  Once that happens, the account will still be on your report, but it will be a closed account, closed as of the date of the re-fi.