Question

Anju518

Hospital taking money but sent account to collections?
So I have been paying the hospital every month. They are still taking my money, but the account is now reported to Equifax in collections and apparenly has been. Is that legal? Can I stop paying the hospital since they sold my account thing to a collections agency?

I would ask the hospital to pull it back from the collection agency. And ask the hospital to make a payment agreement with you to do so. I hear people say as long as they take payments, they can't send it to collections. That is not true. However, if you have a repayment agreement and pay on time, then it will not go to collections. Always try and work with the original creditor. You do not want to have to deal with collection agencies. I also wonder if it is another part of the bill. Usually medical bills have two or three different providers that are billing. Could it be possible you are only paying one one account and not the other?

Anju518

No, its the main bill for X amount. I've been paying it for 10 months. For some reason, it popped on my credit report THIS month but says it was sent to the creditors in April. So... The hospital has just been taking my money without any notification...