Question

firefly0408

Hospital rufused to accept payment
My son had NC medicaid and visited his grandparents in KY. They had to take him to emergency room and gave the hospital his insurance card. I have been trying to dispute this since 2011. NC medicaid is willing to pay bill but the hospital has refused to fill out the necessary paperwork. I called hospital to ask why and they said cause the head guy over the medicaid billing department was to lazy to fill out paper work and fax to NC medicaid. Dont know what else to do but I dont believe this should be on my credit report at all.

Most Helpful Response

If you have any proof of the hospital refusing to work with Medicaid, send it with letters to all three credit bureaus and tell them to delete the account.  I would also find out (through Google or Bing) what groups/entities supervise/oversee this hospital, and I would send certified letters to them with the same info you're sending the bureaus.  Also you can file complaints with both state's Attorney Generals, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the FTC, and anyone else you can find in the medical arenas.  Heck, get your state senator involved as well!  Be persistent.  I know it is frustrating, but hopefully with time and determination you can get this off your report.  Best of luck!