Question

LWB6555

Homeowner Insurance Score
I have had insurance with State Farm on my house since 1980. The only claim I have had was in June of 2011, when the house next door caught on fire and set my home on fire. So how can they give me a low score, when I have had one claim, which was not my fault in 33 years?

Most Helpful Response

What's your car insurance history like? What's your credit score like? This insurance score isn't based off of claims alone. It's an aggregate of a number of factors (like your credit score, income, age, length of time in your home/job). It's also a relatively new metric that isn't widely understood or used. If you have good rates through your existing insurance company, then I wouldn't worry about this score.