Question

giovannivegas

home loans, can i get one wkth this?
If I have a low credit score because I have no credit and I put $20,000 in the credit union, what are the chances I can get a good home loan of $40,000?

Most Helpful Response

Money talks, bull$hit walks...
I would think you have a decent chance with a 50% down payment, but I wouldn't do that. Hang on to your money for unexpected expenses. Talk to a mortgage broker--you may be surprised about what you actually qualify for. There are a LOT of different types of loans out there that accomodate every potential roadblock to homeownership, including poor credit or no money for down payment. 

I would avoid the big online lenders like Quicken Loans and go with a local mortgage company, where you can sit down with a broker in person. You'll get much better service.

Uncertain, since there are many factors involved in getting a mortgage.  Since you have a good amount in the credit union, your chances are improved if they do mortgages.