Question

Texmexgolf

Home loan discrepancy
I refinanced my home and the home loan I refinanced nine months ago is still showing up on my credit report thus hurting my credit score. How can I get the loan removed?

Most Helpful Response

You can't.  The original loan company will continue to report the account (as closed) for 7 & 1/2 years from the date you paid it off.  This shouldn't be a bad thing, it shows good credit history which helps your scores.  (That is assuming there are no late pays on that account.)  If the account is still reporting as "open", then that is a problem and you need to call the original lender and tell them to fix it.  You can also contact the credit bureaus and tell them to show the account as closed.  Best of luck!