Question

Posted in Site Suggestions

ivannabig1

Home Equity Loan Payoff Recommendation?
I acquired a home equity loan for 40,000 04/04/2008 with terms of 6.75% for 10 years or 120 months. It is scheduled to be paid off 04/04/2018. I owe 17,000 on it as of now. Would it be wise of me to pay the entire balance now or to makes extra principal payments? I assume that most interest has been paid on the front end of the loan at this point. I hope that by paying the entire balance off, it will significantly impact my credit score in a good way. What is a good suggestion?

I'm no financial expert, but if how much of your credit you're using goes into your score, then it seems to me that paying off the balance in full will reduce your %age of available credit used and your score will go up.   Just a thought.