Question

jp2153

Home closing 23 June, CH13 Discharge 1 June. Judgment still on home title but lien was removed.
Had a HELOC with CitiFinancial in 2004. Could not pay after loss of job and entered Chapter 13. The loan was purchased by Portfolio Recovery Associates and was paid in full. I received a letter from Citifinancial Feb 2016 forgiving the 2nd Mortgage and a 1099C for the Secured Portion of the loan. CitiFinancial did not file when the 341 meeting was open. Now I received a call from the Title Company that is handling my new home loan and said that this is a show stopper. Can I sue Citi for loss of this loan $265,000 for not cleaning up their end of the legal paperwork.