Hit and Run! Old mortgage co. falsely reported missed payment on sold house-now they're gone!
I tried to track Option One Mortgage down for a payment they reported missed in January '08. The house was already sold by then, and mortgage paid off and closed, but they reported it as February, not Jan., and reported a missed payment. I had no idea about this until recently, when I started putting in real work and time to fix my credit, with help from Credit Karma and my grown son.
Now I find out they've been sold twice, once to Homeward Residential, then to Ocwen, etc., both of whom have complaints and reports against them. All of the numbers I tried went nowhere, couldn't get a person, some don't even exist anymore.
How do I get this fixed when there is no one to even talk to about it?