Question

learningSlowly

High impact-- N/A. I hear credit utilization is 30% of your credit score.
I do not have a credit card at the moment and plan to get a secured cc very soon. I currently have a n/a for my utilization how is this figuring into my 617 tu score? I know I will find out soon, but I am just curious how n/a are figured, since I have one on credit length also. Maybe even one more I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for any answers

What you want to do when -you get a credit card is to use less than 10% of it and pay that off each month.  That is the ideal usage.  Admittedly, with a secured credit card, that  won't allow much spending, but you're using a pretty much all-cash basis right now, right?  So, using credit will be a learning experience and it's good to learn the skills before putting them into practice.  I hope you have read or are in the process of reading the articles here because they help you get a good insight on how credit works and how to build yours even better.

Credit length is the average age of all the credit card and loan accounts you may have and that is also considered.  The longer the credit history, the better.  Mine still has young accounts so it's still in the "Poor" category.  n/a means 'not available' so you haven't built up some of these factors yet.  It takes a bit of time to build credit and you apparently have used some before or you would not have had the score you have right now.  And it is always good to ask questions.  Do use the financial tools here for practice.  Hope this helps some.

You will see a nice boost in scores (at least Fico scores anyway) when you get a credit card. You need revolving accounts to get your score growing. When picking a secured card, make sure you get one that reports to all the credit bureaus. Capital One is good to deal with. Once you get your card make sure that a small balance reports on it when the statement comes out and then pay it off before the due date. Getting one card is a good start, but you should get 2 or 3 total if you are wanting to build your scores.