Question

kydonair

Hi there, what would be the max of credit card accounts that I can have open before it affects me?
I have a total of 6-7 credit cards but they are not near close to me max out, I am using less than half of the credit limit on one and the rest are in good shape.

Most Helpful Response

Having too many accounts open is not the problem, it's how you are handling them that would affect your score. Having more cards helps your debt-to-credit ratio. Old cards with no late payments gives creditors a good sign that you've handled paying your CC's on time and shows stability. Closing your accounts, especially old ones, will hurt your average age of accounts

Keep your credit utilization low, don't open too many credit cards at once or that signals a need for more credit to creditors. and always pay on time.