Question

babe7479

Hi... my name is ofelia, i don't have any credit cards at the moment. Not sure whats best for me

Hello, Ofelia,

If you don't have any credit cards at this time, the only one you are likely to be able to get is a secured card.  To get a secured card, you have to deposit a few hundred dollars with the card issuer and that becomes your credit limit.  You want to use no more than 9% of that credit limit in any month and you should pay that in full when the bill comes in.  Thwe purpose is to show that you can be trusted to repay the money 'borrowed' (because that is actually what you are doing) and that helps build credit.

There are many aspects to how credit works and how to build a good credit score that are covered in the articles on this site.  I have read the articles myself and learned a lot, so I suggest beginning this for your own knowledge. It's something not taught in schools, and it really should be.