Question

Shailene4658483

Hi, I'm being charged twice for the same hosipital bill for different companies. Help.
I tried to start a dispute but when I get to the multiple questions - it says error and that my answers are wrong.! Theyre charging $925 twice. I don't have that kind of money!

You would see two collections for the same bill when the first creditor could not collect from you.  Instead of taking you to court to collect the debt, they opted to sell the debt to another firm at a reduced rate to collect as much as they could when they purchased it from the original creditor.   You don't owe both companies, you only owe the one firm who currently owns the bill.  You can probably determine who the rightful owner is by looking at the reported date.  The most recent reported date would be the current owner of the debt.  I suggest that you begin the process of negotiating a settlement with them so that it does not escalate into another collection.