Question

LST62

Hi, I have a hard credit inquiry on my report from SYNCB.
I did not authorize, initiate, or contact these people at all. I think someone has opened up credit in my name. Please help.I am very concerned about this. How could this happen and what should I do? Thank you Credit Karma to alerting me to this.

I did not apply for this credit card please contact me immediately on what I need to do

What good is this?!

What purpose is served in having this question/answer forum if the questions are never answered?!

The issue of the hard inquiry initiated by SYNCB is asked time and time again, by numerous users.  But, is not answered once!!  How is this supposed to help anyone?!

Arakcheev

Synchrony Capital Bank is one of the largest retail credit issuers. Everyone seems to use them from small furniture stores, vets and auto repair centers to large hospitals, and stores like walmart. If you had to finance dental work or your daughters prom dress you got from JCP, you likely had your clerk check your worthiness with SYNCB without you realizing it was that bank (formaly GE Capitol Money Bank.)  The question is asked many times over and every questions you will see responces. Heck my old Sam's club discover that I let expire turned into SYNCB with they changed names and I got hit with an account inquiry myself.

i had this ran when I had to go to the hospital. It was for a medical only credit card. So pharmacy, dr office, hospital, vet .. Things of that nature. 

Veronica817

Aha! Makes sense now.

Thanks!

Syncb

I did not give permission to this company to run a credit check I do I check to see.why an stop this from happening again

Most Helpful Response

Hi LST, Synchrony Bank is the new name for GE Capital Retail Bank. This bank issues many retail credit cards for stores like JC Penney, Lowe's and more. Have you opened a retail credit card lately? If not, you'll need to get a full copy of your credit report (free on Credit Karma at https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/creditreport) and initiate a dispute with the bureau. 

kaitiebuggz

What other retail stores are their

IRATE over credit inquiry!

I know I didn't, yet they have an inquiry on my credit report. I heard you can sue them if you didn't initiate the inquiry. How do we go about that?

cierarenee

hey i have a care credit card.. works for the vet mainly but can be used for a few other things... thats what it is for me. i totally freaked at first to though haha.

SYNCB

I have a hard hit from this entity as well. I do not knaow who this is! It's extremely suspect.

Hard Inquiry from SYNCB

I suddenly had a listing on my checking account from SYNCB for $0 and the next day it was gone.  Now I see a Hard Inquiry from them.  If this indeed is Capital One, I only clicked on a link for information from them through Credit Karma.  I don't believe I didn't hit any "submit" button.  Not right for them to do this.  Can I fight the hard hit?  

Hard hit

I have an inquiry from these people too and I just noticed from Walmart but I have never applied for this and I do not have any credit cards. Have not touched my credit, how do I go about this? I get my credit reports and contact the credit bureaus? And then what? That's a headache I have to deal with when I didn't do this or allow anyone else to do it. Is there anything else I can legally do? Looking everywhere for answers now, not sure what steps to take.

walmart syncb account opened

I did not authorize this to be opened. My identity has been stolen  I have a fraud alert on my credit account. I did not authorize this.

.  

SA04

Hi, I also have walmart and I didn't do it, did you find out what to do and how to fix? Looking for answers and any tips can help. Thank you