Question

LST62

Hi, I have a hard credit inquiry on my report from SYNCB.
I did not authorize, initiate, or contact these people at all. I think someone has opened up credit in my name. Please help.I am very concerned about this. How could this happen and what should I do? Thank you Credit Karma to alerting me to this.

Most Helpful Response

I did not apply for this credit card please contact me immediately on what I need to do

i had this ran when I had to go to the hospital. It was for a medical only credit card. So pharmacy, dr office, hospital, vet .. Things of that nature. 

Veronica817

Aha! Makes sense now.

Thanks!

Hi LST, Synchrony Bank is the new name for GE Capital Retail Bank. This bank issues many retail credit cards for stores like JC Penney, Lowe's and more. Have you opened a retail credit card lately? If not, you'll need to get a full copy of your credit report (free on Credit Karma at https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/creditreport) and initiate a dispute with the bureau. 

kaitiebuggz

What other retail stores are their

IRATE over credit inquiry!

I know I didn't, yet they have an inquiry on my credit report. I heard you can sue them if you didn't initiate the inquiry. How do we go about that?

cierarenee

hey i have a care credit card.. works for the vet mainly but can be used for a few other things... thats what it is for me. i totally freaked at first to though haha.

walmart syncb account opened

I did not authorize this to be opened. My identity has been stolen  I have a fraud alert on my credit account. I did not authorize this.

.  

What good is this?!

What purpose is served in having this question/answer forum if the questions are never answered?!

The issue of the hard inquiry initiated by SYNCB is asked time and time again, by numerous users.  But, is not answered once!!  How is this supposed to help anyone?!

I Have not open any new accounts with this Bank. Credit  Karma shows two new accts opened .FRAUD

SYNCB/TJMAX

I also had a hard credit check from NYNCB Bank, I have a TJ Max account with a credit limit of 750.00 they lowered my credit to 450.00, I never been late on a payment any other payments.  Scary.  What can I do, Do they have permission to do this.?

Hard Inquiry from SYNCB

I suddenly had a listing on my checking account from SYNCB for $0 and the next day it was gone.  Now I see a Hard Inquiry from them.  If this indeed is Capital One, I only clicked on a link for information from them through Credit Karma.  I don't believe I didn't hit any "submit" button.  Not right for them to do this.  Can I fight the hard hit?  

SYNCB

I have a hard hit from this entity as well. I do not knaow who this is! It's extremely suspect.