Question

LST62

Hi, I have a hard credit inquiry on my report from SYNCB.
I did not authorize, initiate, or contact these people at all. I think someone has opened up credit in my name. Please help.I am very concerned about this. How could this happen and what should I do? Thank you Credit Karma to alerting me to this.

Solution

I have the same thing on my credit report, which also shows that I have a $1,500 credit limit with them. I found this contact info via my Credit Wise. Keep scrolling to see the steps I took to get the account closed and a fraud investigation opened.

C/O Box 965022,

Orlando, FL 32896

866-243-0226

When you call the toll free number, DO NOT PRESS ANY PROMPTS and DO NOT TAKE THE BAIT. The automated voice will ask for everything from your account number to your SSN. Stay on the line until you hear her say that you can ask to speak to a customer service rep by saying, "More Options."

Once you say "More Options," you will be asked to say what service you need, including "Close Account." Once you say, "Close Account," you'll be directed to speak to someone. They'll ask for your account number -- DO NOT GIVE THEM ONE. Just tell them right away someone applied for a credit card under your name and it appears on your credit report. They will then transfer you to someone who will close your account and open a fraud investigation.

This rep will ask for your current address to update the address so they can mail you info about the fraud investigation. NOTE -- that at this point, you may find out that the person who opened an account under your name did so with a phony address.

The rep you'll be speaking with is with the company Synchrony Bank. It's possible that employees are pulling a Wells Fargo and opening accounts with out consumer consent.

Document everything as eventually this company may get busted for their actions. I followed all of these steps today and will be looking for info about the fraud investigation in the mail. It should arrive within 30 days and the investigation stays open for 60 days.

The rep on the phone said we can also learn more at synchronyfinancial.com and clicking on the Fraud Protection menu.

I hope this helps. I'll report anything else I learn from the fraud investigation here.

pinkangle1

same time happen to me ,l file a fraud case,was suppose to be take off my credit ,almost 90 days later and three call l am told it WAS taken care of,l don,t believe it tell l see it

What good is this?!

What purpose is served in having this question/answer forum if the questions are never answered?!

The issue of the hard inquiry initiated by SYNCB is asked time and time again, by numerous users.  But, is not answered once!!  How is this supposed to help anyone?!

Arakcheev

Synchrony Capital Bank is one of the largest retail credit issuers. Everyone seems to use them from small furniture stores, vets and auto repair centers to large hospitals, and stores like walmart. If you had to finance dental work or your daughters prom dress you got from JCP, you likely had your clerk check your worthiness with SYNCB without you realizing it was that bank (formaly GE Capitol Money Bank.)  The question is asked many times over and every questions you will see responces. Heck my old Sam's club discover that I let expire turned into SYNCB with they changed names and I got hit with an account inquiry myself.

i had this ran when I had to go to the hospital. It was for a medical only credit card. So pharmacy, dr office, hospital, vet .. Things of that nature. 

Veronica817

Aha! Makes sense now.

Thanks!

Syncb inquiry

Does any one happen to know if it is possible to contact the above company and ask them to remove the hard inquiry on my credit report?

i know with CCB/PPC you can get in contact with them and fax them to remove their inquiry and was wondering what other companies you can do this with 

Thanks 

SYNCB

I have now 2 of these on my score PLEASE WHO DO I CONTACT!

SYNCB

I have a hard hit from this entity as well. I do not knaow who this is! It's extremely suspect.

Syncb

I did not give permission to this company to run a credit check I do I check to see.why an stop this from happening again

Hi LST, Synchrony Bank is the new name for GE Capital Retail Bank. This bank issues many retail credit cards for stores like JC Penney, Lowe's and more. Have you opened a retail credit card lately? If not, you'll need to get a full copy of your credit report (free on Credit Karma at https://www.creditkarma.com/myfinances/creditreport) and initiate a dispute with the bureau. 

kaitiebuggz

What other retail stores are their

IRATE over credit inquiry!

I know I didn't, yet they have an inquiry on my credit report. I heard you can sue them if you didn't initiate the inquiry. How do we go about that?

cierarenee

hey i have a care credit card.. works for the vet mainly but can be used for a few other things... thats what it is for me. i totally freaked at first to though haha.

walmart syncb account opened

I did not authorize this to be opened. My identity has been stolen  I have a fraud alert on my credit account. I did not authorize this.

.  

SA04

Hi, I also have walmart and I didn't do it, did you find out what to do and how to fix? Looking for answers and any tips can help. Thank you