Question

Anjoy2

Hi all. I have a question that not even my lawyer can answer.
So I recently had a freeze put on my bank for a debt I never heard of and all 3 credit reports are clean and my FICO score is in the 700's. I have NO collections on any of my reports. How can this happen? I am paying 4 grand to get rid of this but it really feels wrong. Anyone ever had this happen?

Most Helpful Response

Your credit reports has nothing to do with it, as your liability to any debt isn't dependent whether it's on your credit report or not. Creditors/debt owners/collection agencies aren't required to report to Credit Bureaus, the public records rarely if ever reported by the courts themselves. It takes "legal" action to levy/lien/frozen someone's bank accounts, so there definitely is a paper trail. YES any half a#s Lawyer can easily trace where/who it came from, and able to tell if the legal action(s) were legitimate or properly done.