Question

thechaosrealm

Here's a weird question... Why did my score go up? :-)
I'm super happy it did, but would love to figure out if there's a spot on the site that shows me *why* it went up. I'm in serious "repair" mode and want to know if I did something "right" so I can keep doing it. :)

If you scroll down on your home page there is usually an area that tells you the changes to your credit reports that resulted in the changes in scores. Don't forget to monitor your FICO scores too when credit building.

It can be something very subtle, like age of your accounts good or bad ones hitting certain threshold, which isn't really noticeable, unlike paying down the balances on credit cards or some baddies been removed... Sometimes? It's just because, and thats probably as good of answer as any, I don't have slightest of clue as why my Ex FICO 8 went up 15 points this month. The reality is no one really knows why or how our credit scores going up or down, at times, it goes completely opposite way than you expected, there is no logic and rhythms to follow, certainly lacks reasoning, pretty much like my wife.

same thing happened to me today my equifax score jumped 40 points from last week.  And i dont see the box that usually shows me changes other than a couple payments. My equifax is now 1 point higher than my transunion. which is crazy it has always been lower than my transunion.   I think my average age of accounts is at 3 years now would that make that big of a difference?