Question

milesaway326

Help!!..My EX is ruining my life by foreclosure
My now ex husband bought "our" home before we were married so only his name was ever on the deed...he had an option about 3 yrs ago to refinance for the "Obama Debt Relief" program to reduce our mortgage payments and took my information without asking to get the process stared. All of a.sudden this woman from the state shows up with a crap ton of paper work and I was pretty much forced to co sign since we were.married at the time.
Now we have been divorced since September and in the divorce papers that was already signed and closed by a judge, it states that HE is solely responsible for the mortgage, utilities, etc...well, now the house is in FORECLOSURE because he just stopped paying since July'13...its Feb'14 and I WAS.SERVED AT WORK BY THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE stating its my responsibility to pay this mortgage too...even though I DO NOT OWN THE HOUSE NOR IS MY NAME ON IT AT ALL....its ruining my life because we are getting kicked out and I can't even RENT ANYTHING DUE TO THIS!...what do i do???????

Contact the mortgage lender, send them a copy of your divorce agreement. They may or may not honor the agreement.

However, since you co-signed the loan, you may be stuck with it. At that point, you take your ex to court, see if you can even get anything out of him. When all else fails, only you can fix your credit, so you'd have to make payment arrangements or offer a settlement.