Question

danescore

HELP with removing LVNV!!!
I paid an account in 2/2009 and the company -Lowe's agreed that it is paid in full. LVNV continues to report against this same account x2 every month since, as an installment loan which is not even true. How do I get LVNV OFF OF MY REPORTS? I've disputed it more than once to no avail. Please advise, LVNV is terrible to deal with and now they've even duplicated the record and the credit reporting agencies do nothing about this! I even had one of them tell me 'we like to keep your scores low, you pay more interest this way'. Crazy! Please help. Thanks!

Most Helpful Response

LVNV is a junk debt buyer. YUCK!

I had a run-in with one of LVNV's previous identities ("Sherman Acquisitions") several years ago and found out that they are "junk debt buyers" or a collection agency that buys old (often past the statute of limitations) debts and they try to collect on them.  Their methods are often uethical, often bordering on criminal.  You can find out about them by typing LVNV into your search engine.  Best to avoid any dealings with this group.

LVNV

Is taking money from people their m - o ? Why are they so secretive? Can anyone in the community find out info about this crimnal?

Is it in writing?

I do hope you have the "paid in full" agreement from Lowes in writing.  If you do, copy it and send it to LVNV with a letter stating that said attempted collection activities on an account that was paid in full is a violation of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, and all such attempts must IMMEDIATELY cease and desist.

I'm not sure exactly what section of the Code covers this but you can find the FDCPA on the Internet.  If I remember correctly, you may have a basis for a lawsuit against LVNV and collect damages.

Another forum I used to be on mentioned LVNV in language not fit for any but mature adults. 

danescore

Thank you.  I do have it in writing and will try sending it off to LVNV with the letter using the verbiage you suggested.  I have worked hard to pay every single account off.  It is sad that the credit reporting agencies do not recognize this and allow companies like LVNV to *******ize records.  Thanks again.

LVNV vs ID Theft?

It's always a nice surprise to find that a loan taken by someone who stole your identity is now in collections. This will be fun. Do I use the "show me the original contract" tact, or is there a better way?

I have documents from IRS, Soc. Sec., and police that verify the identity theft in the same time frame. When it first happened in 2005, I had been physically assaulted and almost killed in a mugging. I was apathetic and had far too many other problems at the time to battle for my credit score. Those things have fallen off over time, but I can't let new stuff get tacked on, and in 2009, my identity was stolen again.

LVNV FUNDING

Who are they?