Help with my short sale
Ok folks. I need your help with this.

I have a short sale on my credit reports from 2007.

Chase Home Finance LLC: $165,325 (Shows last payment made was 04/01/2007)

Chase : $ 29,175 (2nd Mortgage) (Shows last payment made was 08/27/2008)

On the second mortgage is says that the last payment was made in 2008. This is not possible because we had already lived in a rental home for a year by that date. Because of this mistake it is not supposed to fall off my report until next year. I need it off now, because we are trying to buy a home.

My dilema is that it was so many years ago and I cannot find the paperwork to prove when the short sale closed and when the last payment was made. So I'm not sure how I'm gonna get the credit bureaus to believe me on the date.

Any chance I can get Chase to send me the documents showing the actual dates? Or is that the best way to do this? I have disputed this account in the past but I have never disputed the dates.

Any ideas or guidance on this would be a tremendous help!