Question

buddhax2

Help with either bad credit or a flat file
I have a 520 credit score. I have only one collections for $866 for Comcast. I have no other positive credits and only one inquiry in the last year. I am 37 years old and stopped using my credit about ten years ago due to the fact that my father had been using my SSN as his personal credit. I have been able to resolve those issues through the years. But for some reason comcast will not remove this credit even though I can prove that I did not live at the address where they provided service. The credit bureaus just respond with adding a note to my credit report which doesn't seem to help and it will take another four years for this collections to fall off. I am now married and my husband and I are trying to purchase a home. I can't even get a secured card and the credit companies will not change my last name from my maiden name. I finally just got the credit companies to send me my reports because I had to prove I was who I was because my father intrenched his identity so far into my credit.

P.S.

So at this point my hand feel tied and feel at a loss to where to go next.  Any help or advice?