Question

rhurley1991

Help with default removal from credit score
I have 7 student loans aggregated on Nelnet that i pay religiously. I was unaware of one loan that was not on the Nelnet platform. It is a very small loan ($45/month) that went into default. Once I was aware of the loan I began making the monthly payments on time. Is there any way to repair this and/or remove it from my credit score.

Most Helpful Response

Do some reading on how to write a "Goodwill Letter" asking the lender for forgiveness and removal of the missed payments. Probably won't work, but it is definitely worth a try.