Question

lytleflo

Help regarding credit agency
I just recently reviewed my credit report and seen that I am in collections with a company called Credit Collection Services; shows up on my reports as "credit coll". I was able to contact them to dispute the accuracy of this debt and found out it was from a policy from Progressive Auto Insurance. I contacted Progressive and was told it was from 2007 for a policy I believed was for only 6 months but they say was for 12 months and I failed to continue making payments. They are sending me the documents that support that.

The Progressive agent told me it was faster to get that blemish off of my report by paying through the collection agency. On Credit Collection Services' website it states:

" This communication will confirm our intention to remove the above referenced account from credit bureau(s) upon receipt of full payment."

My question is this considered a pay-for-delete? or is this just a way to get people to pay a debt without removing it. I would really like to get this removed and move on, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Yes, that is a Pay Per Delete.  However, if the account went past due in 2007, then it will fall off on its own sometime this year (7 years from date of delinquency), so if you want, you can wait it out.  The reason they are offering Pay Per Delete so quickly is because they know this will fall off soon, so they're hoping you don't realize that and pay them off.

jerzeebrat

what is their website? I've been trying to find it, I also have them on my credit report for progressive. 

Do you happen to have contact information for this Credit Collection Services?  The name is so generic, I can't seem to locate which one handles the Progressive accounts. Thank you!