Question

DaisyS12

Help! paid off all collections and never had a credit card.
I have a credit score of 610. I had three accounts in collections which I have recently paid; however all my current bills have been paid on time but I have never opened a credit card. I am looking to purchase a home with my husband and was not able to be put on the loan because of my poor credit. I have been denied for a secure credit card and now at a loss of what to do! How can I improve my credit score?

If you have a bank or credit union account, visit your local branch and ask for a "credit builder loan".  I'm surprised you can't get a secured card with your score, that really doesn't make sense.  If you want to see all available secured cards out there, visit www.creditcards.org or www.bankrate.com.