Question

cmartinez0097

Help me! Tried applying for car loan, now my dramatically decreased!
Last night I tried to apply for a car loan, just to see if I can, but in the end I was unable to because the car had 95xxx miles. It say the car can only have 75000, so I didn't get it. Now my score has dropped dramatically just because I tried getting a loan for the car! Is there anyway I can erase that I even tried getting that loan or something to fix my credit score back to what it was?

Most Helpful Response

The hard inquiry from applying for the loan was most likely the cause of your credit score dropping. The inquiry will stay on your report for 2 years, but their effect on your credit score typically lasts just 6-12 months.