help improving credit scores?
well, back in 2007 i lost my home at age 23 due to hard times, i had to settle on a credit card, and pay one off and closed them both. until then my credit was perfect. now, years later and im trying to fix my credit...
i had no idea hard inquiries hurt your credit and only put my name on a home loan application to see if it would help or hurt my husband with rates/ amounts. Now my credit went from fair to poor overnight and i have zero debt besides my truck, and im wanting to trade it in- and now my credit i feel ive worked so hard to fix just got slammed. what do i do to improve my score? i dont want any credit cards! i have one Victorias Secret card i never use with a zero balance and good history, is that hurting me? otherwise my other loan is w Ford Motor Credit, and i have great history with them. i will have both my school loans paid off in another month, but my credit sucks and it isnt getting better, just worse. help!