Question

fdye73

Help, I don't know what to do
I went through a bad divorce about 6 years ago and my credit has just fallen apart , I am a single mom with a disabled son and I just cant seem to catch up or take care of any of my collections I want to file bankruptcy but haven't been able to afford it? is there any one that knows a way to file on payments?

First off, I hope you are getting child support and medical assistance for your son from his father.  At the very least, it should be ordered and is part of his obligation.  Any of the debts that he was supposed to take on are his responsibility, not yours.  Locate a bankruptcy attorney in the yellow pages and select one that offers a free initial consultation and listen to everything this attorney tells you.  There may be ways to avoid bankruptcy altogether but, if not, the attorney works things out so that they get paid.