Question

Hypnotik

HELP! I can't raise my credit score!
I am trying to raise my score quickly. my issue is im 30 and I haven't had any credit lines before, only derogatory marks. I have removed all but one bad account on my credit and my CK score has gone from 515 to 609 in a little over a month, I have also had 7 of 36 inquiries removed. I don't know how i can get the score to continue to go up being that it still isnt good enough to get any lines of credit (credit cards, a mortgage etc) and i cant use the method of paying off a card etc, what can I do???

Most Helpful Response

You should be able to get a secured credit card.  Go to www.creditcards.org and compare.  Also, if you have a really good friend or relative with good credit, they can add you as an authorized user on one of their accounts, and you'll get automatic great credit history.  Fastest way to improve your score.  You don't even need a copy of the card, or the account number (in case they're afraid you may use it).   Otherwise, go to www.credit.about.com and search through their many tips on how to improve your score.  Best of luck!

Hypnotik

I really appreciate the help, added as an authorized user and score jumped 73 points. THANK YOU!