Question

Lunch2013

Help getting an 80% ut down to below 30%
I have a citi credit card and a firestone charge card that are both at about 80% of their utilization. I have never missed a payment in 4+ years and have always paid at least double the minimum payment. I was hoping to get another credit card to split up the balance and lower my utilization across the board, but I've been denied for two credit cards in the last year (I'm assuming due to my high utilization...) so that plan isn't working out too well for me. What should I do?

Did you try for a consolidation?

The ideal way to lower utilization is to apply for a consolidation card so that you can combine the balances of the two you have into one card and get them paid off faster.  I had high utilization and did the consolidation and got it.  Best one to try for is 0% interest for at least 12 months.

Remember, there are numerous factors in credit that creditors look for.  If you haven't checked all 3 credit reports, please do so to make sure only the correct information is shown.  Go to annualreport.com to get those and make this check every year so only the correct informatioin is reported.