Question

ScrewedOverByEx

Help! Ex used credit care I didn't know about.
In 2011 my ex used my BofA credit card. The bill went to his address so I never knew about it. I discovered it on my credit report in 2013. I paid the balance and closed the acct but TransUnion and Equifax show 8 derogatories. Is there any way I can get this removed? Thanks.

8 derogatories because your ex used your BoA card? This is not sensible. The good news is that most negative items on your credit reports are removed in 7 years, so next year should be the fall off year at least for the date given if the account does have a DOFD of 2011. I am not sure on that though. When was the last payment you made on the account before it was closed, that is the DOFD. (date of first delinquency) (actually the DOFD is one month after the last payment made). I advise you to start reading as much as you can about credit as that is the best way to learn how to rebuild it. As with anything else in life, it is important to not feel as a victim and it is important that you take charge of your life now and understand that you and only you are responsible for your life and everything that goes along with it.