Question

ayumif

Help! Creditor changed their name and my score dropped 16 points!!!
Hello, just recently a creditor changed their name . It 's for a student loan and it was through Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae has recently become Navient. So this showed up on my credit report and as a result my credit score dropped 16 points.

This is just unacceptable!!! It has nothing to do with me! I have no late payments for this loan , and nothing else has changed , only the name.

How can I dispute this and to whom?

Thanks in advance for answering!

creditor changed name/ credit went down

mine went down 59 points because capital one changed form CAP1 to CAPITAL ONE!

is this a joke?

you can't dispute it,  there is nothing you can do.

I think after a couple of months your score will go back up. Just give it some time. If that don't work you can alway try and contact the new company that took your student loan and see if there is anything you can do.....

Did you ever get this resolved? Mine went down 68 points because a creditor changed there name

Same here

My score went down 33 points cuz "Chase" changed to "Chase Mtg" or something trivial like that. What a joke.