Question

MarVaz406

Hello, I have a question about credit card utilization
So I just recently used about 90% of my credit limit this past month and my credit score took a 80 point Hit. Is that Normal for your credit score to drop that Much, And will my score go back up to where it was at if I pay it off quickly?

Most Helpful Response

Your score will adjust every month depending on where your utilization rate is when the credit card company reports to the credit bureaus. So any damage done with high utilization is only temporary as long as you get the balance paid back down. A score drop that much does sound excessive. I would advise watching your FICO scores to see what they are doing.