Question

hns2009

Having a charge deleted. will this improve my score?
I am in the process of buying a house. It was not until this started that I realized I even had anything negative on my report. The charge that was on the account was a mistake because the company had the wrong address in there system. So when I spoke with the collector they agreed to remove the amount that I had to pay for it to go into collections and I ended up only paying the bill and the little bit of interest. They also agreed to have the negative charged completely deleted from my history. They said it would take up to 14 days for all 3 credit bureaus to receive the report. So my question is after the 14 days will my score improve back to what it was? Or will it take some time? I am really trying to close on the house by October. And would hate for this to ruin everything! Also I would really appreciate the advise. I am very new at this.

I hate to say this but it sounds like a hollow promise to get you to pay. I hope not but did you get that in writing?

If they follow through as you say and remove the negative payment history then your credit should return to normal in about 45 days.

hns2009

Thank you so much for your response! And yes I actually did get them to send me the letter stating that they would have it deleted. Its on there letter head and everything. Do you think that would help any? Also she says it would take around 2 weeks for it to show.

Thanks again!