Question

Indian9934

Have two judgments (public records)
Hello-

This site has been great and so far my score is up around 50 points getting some baddies off the CR. Problem is I am now dealing with two court judgement I need to clear up to get a mortgage.

One is a student loan which is marked in court records as CLOSED. There is an outstanding balance through the court website of 80.00 owed. This is for an old student loan in excess of $6,000 and they took my state tax return the past few years.

My question is since this judgement is marked as CLOSED does it affect a mortgage application negatively as an open judgement would. I assume that since the university closed the matter since it is past the SOL (10 year old account).

Would I have to pay this closed account off before applying for a USDA loan?

Thank you!

Sorry, but there is absolutely no SOL on student loans.  They remain collectable until fully paid no matter how long that takes. 

The account was closed toi prevent any further additions to the student loan balance.

If there is a balance on the the court judgements, you will want to have them paid.    The mortgage firm will want validation that the amounts are paid.   They can overlook the judgement, however, they won't overlook any which are unpaid.   Only the mortgage firm themselves will know how they will take the judgements into account.   They will remain on your credit report for 7 years from the date that the initial judgement was filed.   You indicated a Statute of Limitations, however, be aware that there is no Statute on Student Loans, Taxes or Child Support.