Question

Mugsy66

Have I damaged my credit by using CareOne to make my payments?
Since June I have been making payments to Careone Debt Management. How bad does this damage my credit and is there any other alternatives? I have worked hard since my bankruptcy to get my credit. Because I am taking care of my disabled brother and going to school, I don't make as much money. I thought I was saving it but now I am not sure. Thanks.

Most Helpful Response

Well, anytime you use a 3rd party to manage and pay off your debt; it's going to have a negative outcome..... However; the main purpose for contacting such a company is not an issue of credit; but rather an issue of getting over the hump when paying off debt. Use these services to pay off your debt without losing stuff. Then when it is over: you can try to fix you credit and learn from your mistakes..... In this case, it appears that you just got a lot on your plate. Good luck and God Bless!!!!!