Question

lizziebet47

Have had a student loan forgiven. How do I get it off my credit score?

Death of Son, student loan was forgiven

He was killed in 1997 and I can not get this loan cleared from credit history. I have a letter from the loan agency to the fact that it was forgiven. How do you get it cleaned off the Credit Report?

Wait for 10 years.  That's the maximum wait time for something to drop off your credit report and there is nothing you can do about that due to it being Federal law.  I had loans and they were discharged but still on my report for a while. 

dawg1963

My loan has been on my credit bureau for well over 10 years.  Thats not working.

Fed. loans

I do have a letter stating they were forgiven, does that help?