Question

BizmanUSA

Have Excellent Credit Score BUT Wrongful Collection Listing
How do I get an inappropriate and possible illegal attempts of collection off my report?

I have a high credit score in the high 700's (should be in the 800's).

A scum bag collection company posted a collection due for $25.00 that was paid 2-3 month prior to their listing on my credit report. I have received a letter from the hospital accounting department showing that the amount that was owed was paid in full months prior to the collection call posting and that they have notified this butt head (not exact words of hospital but close) of a collection company that they should have not put this (my account) in for any collection.

I have been contacted numerous times (over months) by this collection company after the payment was paid explaining they were in error. The company representative would not transfer me to a supervisor saying their records do not show payment. How do I get these inappropriate and possible illegal attempts of collection off my report?

Most Helpful Response

Since you have proof from the hospital that you paid off your debt, dispute the collection. Go to annualcreditreport.com to get your 3 detailed credit reports and from there you can check for accuracy and dispute the account.