Question

Bonster60

Have 1 item on report in collections showing open, is over 7 years old and an old credit card
It was sold to Midland collections.. and the think I should pay them 1000 for a 300 limit credit card that stopped letting me charge in November of 2008! The last bill I could find was 738.00 which is what they have listed at the bottom of the original amount owed... but that was over inflated .. it was being paid.. but their charges made it over limit.. and I could never get caught up . I need this off my report.. I really don't want to pay them .. I would pay my original creditor with some interest but not this company.

They claim that if I take their offer, I must pay the amount after discount in full.. its not an obtainable amount. I have not called them yet.

Most Helpful Response

If the date of delinquency was over 7 years ago, then write to Midland and tell them this account is outdated and to cease and desist all collection attempts, and to delete it from your report.  Also, go online to www.annualcreditreport.com and dispute it with all 3 bureas, stating it is outdated and needs to be deleted.  Midland is a horrible company to work with and they will be very stubborn.  You may have to do this a couple of times to be successful.