Question

lisathecreditscoreincreaser

Has anyone seen N.A.I.L on their credit report and had success with removing inaccurate reporting?
I don't have an account with them and have disputed their reports. I'm currently waiting for a response from EQ

N.A.I.L

Did you ever find out who this agency is? There is no contact info listed and they showed up on mine

You may have to contact them directly... they sound a lot like a company called "LVNV" that showed up on my reports as being in collections, in spite of my having successfully cleared all open/known accounts through bankruptcy a year prior to seeing it (I'd never done business with them - turns out they're a collection agency who bought a debt from one of my now-settled ex-creditors). I basically had to call them up, tell them about the bankruptcy, give them the case #, then inform them that I would be disputing the entry (and that it would be in their best interests to remove the entry). I also informed the original creditor, who to my relief, helpfully promised to clear things up from their end.

---

What I discovered was that collection agencies often buy overdue accounts, sometimes even if you had it paid off or settled with the original creditor (e.g. through Chpt. 13 bankruptcy). It happens because larger companies sometimes sell off the debt from one department, before word filters down to them from another. This may be the case with you as well.

---

One bit of caution - some of these collection agencies will be resistant or even hostile to your demand, so unless you have irrefutable evidence that you do not owe the debt (e.g. a bankruptcy or reciept from the original creditor they bought the debt off of), you may have a hard time getting it cleared up.