Question

bigginksu

Has anyone had any good luck with goodwill adjustment requests?
I submitted goodwill adjustments to the following lenders: Bank of America Home Mortgage, Capital One Auto, Synchrony Bank, Nelnet, Security BankCard (their response was extremely offensive!), and Dell Financial Services. I got rejected on all of them, and all of them with the exception of Security BankCard responded back with a canned response claiming that I was disputing their reporting (not the case!!). Security BankCard's response pretty much made me feel like a scolded child with them accusing me of asking them to falsify records and they will absolutely not do it because of penalties.

Does anyone have any contacts with the other lenders I can send a goodwill request to? I am able to rebuild my credit back to around 660-665, and would like to get the best rates as possible for an automobile loan. My payment history has been close to exceptional in the past 3-4 years.

Thanks for your help!!

These can be sometimes easy and other times may take more than few times.  I've heard as much as sending goodwill letters to lenders and collection agencies for a year before they gave up and gave the person the clean slate they wanted.  Look up and see if there's a "customer advocate" department as well as writing to higher up's like the CEO's.  I've heard some crazy stories about people sending flowers and gifts just to get their attention.  You have to get creative sometimes.  I've had some luck, others none and it does take some time so I would be patient and fire off those letters once a month per account.