Question

HJ816

Has anyone ever had a late payment removed?
I recently had a 60 day late payment (due to a family emergency) with a retail store credit card that goes through Capital One. I've read about the success of a goodwill letter and thought I would try it. Just wondering if anyone has a tried it and if there any other option.

Personally, I have not, but of read reports from people that have. While the success rate isn't good, it is possible. From the successful reports that I've read, most of them had to send several letters or make several attempts in one way or the other. Sending letters to different branches of the company, different departments, etc. So give it a month or so and try again if no luck the first time around. I am not aware of any other way to get lates or missed payments removed.