Question

Asthenia14

Has anyone ever disputed a late payment and have the whole account removed???
I disputed a late payment through Experian, Capital one reached back to them and asked them to delete the account. which makes no sense. I have already called Capital one because by doing this they have dropped my score significantly. The rep said they will get back to me in a couple days. We were in the process of trying to get a mortgage loan. According to them it can take 10 or 30 or 60 or even 90 days. they cant tell me because it has never happened before. At least to the supervisor I spoke to. What else can i do to speed this up? Capital One, should of never made such a big mistake. This sucks,.

Basically you are at the mercy of Capital One now, they do not have to relist the account on your reports. If you still have the account and it is open you may have a shot at getting it back on, but if it is a closed account it will probably not be placed back on. This is always a danger when disputing. There have been many others that have experienced what you are.