Question

jopa68

Has anyone ever been denied with the reason criedt reporting service has your status as deceased?
Late in 2013, I had applied for a Credit Card for Discount Tires. I received a rejection letter stating the reason was that I was deceased. I do not think ghosts can type, so I am wondering how I can correct this. I tried calling, but it is impossible to get a customer service person to help on the big 3. Anyone else ever had this happen, and how did you handle it?

Credit

Hit enter without checking spelling

Never had it happen, but you should go to www.annualcreditreport.com and pull a copy of your report from one of the bureaus to see what happens.  Then write letters to all three bureaus to correct anything - like being deceased.  Send them copies of your driver's license and recent utility bill to prove who you are (don't worry, you won't open yourself to fraud).  Also visit www.personalreport.lexisnexis.com and request a copy of their report on you to see if they show you as deceased.  Send them same letter that you send to the bureaus.  Finally, I would visit or call Social Security office, they should be able to prove you aren't dead.  Best of luck!