Question

phoenixdc1

Has anyone dealt with inaccurate child support issues on their credit report?
I was never required to pay child support through the court or state. Instead it was paid directly to my ex wife. Years later, I received notification from the court that I owed all past child support to them. My ex wife and I went to court and had the case and claim dropped. Now I find I have a huge negative amount shown on my credit report for this and it is shown as a charge off. As I was found by the court not to be responsible for this, and the issue was resolved - how do I have it removed?

Copies...

Send copies of the court decision to the credit reporting agencies along with a specific dispute letter.  Be specific in your claims that these are not to be reported.  The courts have concluded that this is not a debt that you are responsible for.