Question

musiclifer55

Has anyone been turned down for a credit card when CK's approval odds were "very good"?
i want to apply for Barclay"s NFL Extra Points card but I don't want another hard pull unless it gets me anew card.

Credit karma approval odds

C K said odds were very good still got declined . Took a 2 point hit cuz of the hard inquiry . Thanks a lot CK

extremely upset

I'm trying to rebuild my credit and credit karma recommend me for an card inwhich i was deined for. Why offer this to members and giving high hopes of good approval rating. Thanks credit karma for gving me false info.

katedarlin3

Same thing happened to me.  Thanks Credit Karma.

Yes

I have applied twice to credit cards that stated that I had very good odds.  Both were American Express Cards.  I was disappointed mostly because of the ding on my credit score for a hard inquiry.  I think it is probablty best to go to the Pre-Qualify tool for individual credit card companies instead of depending on Credit Karma.  I have actually raised my credit score 100 points the past 6 months by getting some credit cards and I pay them off each month.  My issue really is too much recent credit.  

I have received a couple of pre-qualify offers through the mail and in both cases it worked for me.  One was for Capital One GM Power Buy Card (got a $300 credit line) and the other for Discover IT ($1200 Credit Line).  

I am trying to get cards that allow me to get rewards back.  My goal is to actually in about 6 months get the Capital One Quicksliver card.  I am out of the country a lot so I like the cards also with no Foreign Transaction Fees such as Capital One, AMEX and Discover.  

(First Access Visa $300 - US Bank Secured VISA $2000 - Capital One Secured Mastercard $3000 - GM Visa Power Buy Card $300 - Kohl's $300 - Discover IT $1200 - Fingerhut $1000). Total credit line $8100     Total Utilization 1%. )

fico

Creditkarma is vantage scores and credit card companies don't use vantage scores they use fico scores! look up your FICO score not vantage scores.

Bad feeling

Wanted a card for balance transfer, said had very good chance was denied score went down, I have given up, will continue to pay my 2 cards off but will not charge anymore, and will not close them right away.

very disappointing

I applied with a very good for applying. Score was at 699. It caused a hard inquiry and lowered my score and i didnt get approved. I think credit karma is a rouse just to get people to apply.

Cvh60

i agree!..

YES

It is very possible! I am a 20 year old, full time college student and part-time worker. I make about $8k/year and I have made 33 on time payments out of 33 total payments. I also applied for a Capital One credit card that I had a "Very Good" chance of getting (Credit Karma) and got denied. I'm sure it was because I do not have much of a credit history, but what the hell does it matter when they will just suck the money out of me either way?

I got declined

Yes I had a problem when I applied to the credit card that credit karma said I have good approval.... Thanks alot

Good means bad

I agree trying very hard to improve credit, and now I'm down 40 points. What's the point of saying GOOD, not happy at all, You can keep your declined letter.

Did not get approved

I applied for a loan to consolidate some debt and credit karma said the approval odds were very good but I got denied..... thanks, I was hopeful to get some debt relief but I guess not.