Question

musiclifer55

Has anyone been turned down for a credit card when CK's approval odds were "very good"?
i want to apply for Barclay"s NFL Extra Points card but I don't want another hard pull unless it gets me anew card.

Bad feeling

Wanted a card for balance transfer, said had very good chance was denied score went down, I have given up, will continue to pay my 2 cards off but will not charge anymore, and will not close them right away.

Most Helpful Response

extremely upset

I'm trying to rebuild my credit and credit karma recommend me for an card inwhich i was deined for. Why offer this to members and giving high hopes of good approval rating. Thanks credit karma for gving me false info.

katedarlin3

Same thing happened to me.  Thanks Credit Karma.

very disappointing

I applied with a very good for applying. Score was at 699. It caused a hard inquiry and lowered my score and i didnt get approved. I think credit karma is a rouse just to get people to apply.

YES

It is very possible! I am a 20 year old, full time college student and part-time worker. I make about $8k/year and I have made 33 on time payments out of 33 total payments. I also applied for a Capital One credit card that I had a "Very Good" chance of getting (Credit Karma) and got denied. I'm sure it was because I do not have much of a credit history, but what the hell does it matter when they will just suck the money out of me either way?