Question

valsburger

Has anyone been approved for a lease on a new car with a score around the mid-600's?
I'm looking at several options: A Mazda CX-5, a Hyundai Tucson, or a Toyota Rav4. All models in the $26-28,000 sticker price.. My score has significantly improved over the last year (and significantly since I bought my car a few years ago at an interest rate of 13.45%!!), but I'm worried about my odds of getting approved and what my payments might looks like. My car will be paid off in September (about 8 months early), and is worth about $4,000 private sale v. $2,600-$3,000 trade-in. I haven't decided if I'm going to trade it in and keep some of the cash value in the bank, or try and unload it privately, but either way I hope to put about $2,000 down on the lease, but I'm not sure how much that will help me in keeping my payments lowered... Any advice?

Clarifications:

I guess I didn't really phrase my question well upon review!

I'm wondering what success others with scores in the mid-600's have had in securing a lease, specifically with these 3 manufacturers, and what your lease payments looked like.  Thanks!