Question

sloozer

Has anybody had luck getting a late ding on thier report removed?
Missed one payment while on Vacation and made it up and then some the following month. Killed my sy score by 50+ points but not on Credit Karma but with the other agencies that really count.

Nope, it stays for 7 years.

That's required under Fair Credit Reporting Act, a federal regulation.  And, it's part of your credit history.

sloozer

Thanks for the response. It sucks that they (the credit card company) would not look at your history and forgive a one time tardy over years of on time payments before reporting to the bureau.

The Bureau

They were sending my bill to an old address.  I paid the stupid thing as soon as I discovered their mistake.  Have I no recourse....IT WAS THEIR STINKIN' FAULT!